What is the Story of YOUR World?
We’d love to hear about your adventures and for you to inspire others to pack their bags and hit the road!
–Register as our newest storyteller HERE!
At Story of my World we are looking for stories that are yours, true, and above all: stories that entice, engage the reader and take others on an adventure with you. Genuine, unbiased and personalised content we can relate to.
- In no more than 500 words, please tell me about your most memorable travel experience.
- What made this trip so special? Was it the people, the scenery, the food or the friends?
- What was was the most memorable thing about your trip? Think about how you can describe the scene to help the reader better visualise what you were experiencing.
Is your mind already filling up with all the beautiful, crazy, enticing adventures you went on? Then we would love to hear your stories! Sign up here to become our newest storyteller.
Oh and before you start, we have some quick and dirty tips and tricks that may help:
Try to write a little introduction that entices me into reading the rest of your post. Choose one particular topic you want to cover and elaborate on that. Finally, end the article by summing up a few personal highlights and elaborate on why these things impressed or moved you.
It may help you to write down some bullet points for the story you are about to write and refer to these as you progress.
This will help you have a clear goal in mind and will make for a more coherent article.
Some general tips:
- Keep your blogs sweet and simple
- Try to avoid dear diary writing
- Try to avoid omitting words
- Try to avoid cursing and rude writing
- Use your punctuations in the right way
- Write words and sentences out in full
- Don’t use smileys and emoji’s
- Proofread your own article before sending it off
- Check your spelling. Double check all points above with Grammarly if you must
- Last but not least: find a good, high-quality photo banner to add to your post
For all you photographers and video-editors out there:
Not a great writer but a fantastic photographer or videographer? Do you have any photos or videos you think are great and worth sharing?
We are always open to collaborate!
Do have any other questions? Potential collaborations?
For all other questions, ideas, possible collaborations or if you just want to say hi -Shoot us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org
*please note, for all writing enquiries please register as a new storyteller here or contact email@example.com